Unlabel: Selling You Without Selling Out
Search LIMcat Catalog
Find Books, E-Books and DVD's
Databases for ACM
Online Resources for Trade, Textiles & Apparel
Make sure to use the "Search within" box on the right side to search for words in each dictionary title.
E-Books for ACM
Module One: Business and Academic Research
*If you are experiencing problems opening up the library databases (especially Hoovers) please try:
- deleting your browser history
- clearing cookies
- close/quit your browser
- try again
Module Two: Merchandising Finance & Pricing Strategies
- Use Sourcing Journal Online to search for cost of labor and cost of materials.
- The boxes on the left and right sides of this box contain links to resources on the web that may help you with costing and pricing.
- Definition - "Factoring." Encyclopedia of Small Business in Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Use the WWD Archive to find advertisements of companies that provide factoring services - Instructions in the Resources for Factoring tab.
- Search for “Factoring” in WWD and refine the search to business. Articles will often specifically name companies that provide these services
- Or to find out what companies provide factoring services, use the Find Businesses using NAICS under the Factoring Resources tab of this research guide.
- Use the Specialized Dictionaries on the left side of this page to look up vocabulary words.
Once you have names of factoring companies, use the Company Research Guide to research the companies.
If you can't find the names of companies or the general industry that use the factoring company you selected, search for articles about the factoring company in:
- WWD Archive (instead of searching just "advertisements" search everything except advertisements)
- Business Insights: Essentials
Searching for articles about your factoring company can also help you learn what the advantages and disadvantages are for the factor and the the client.
Module Four: Sourcing/Manufacturing
Module Five: Sales Presentation Skills
Ask-a-Librarian Online Live and Interactive Reference
Monday - Thursday:
12:00 - 4:00 pm (EST)
6:30 - 8:30 pm (EST)*
12:00 - 4:00 pm (EST)*
11:00 am - 3:00 pm (EST)*
Use our chat box or text us a question:
*Fall and Spring semesters